Green Development Advocates (GDA) is a Cameroonian Civil Society Organization (CSO), created in 2009 by a multidisciplinary group of former NGO executives working in the same sector of activity. It was legalized on June 30, 2011 and works for development that respects social and environmental requirements.
- Promote good environmental governance;
- Integrate the consideration of the environment into local development initiatives and into the policies of modern actors (States, aid agencies, private sector, etc.);
- Make available to the population, especially the poor and vulnerable, alternative justice services, legal assistance, defense and protection of the socio-economic rights of citizens);
- Strengthen the capacities of actors in the sectors of civil society in environmental protection and defense of rights;
- Provide support to indigenous peoples and other populations at risk for self-promotion that respects their environment and culture;
- Inform, educate and raise awareness on issues related to the environment and human rights;
- Contribute to the sustainable management of natural resources and the fight against climate change;